The standard OOS on 5ML Tractors was designed for low clearance applications. It features a low-profile seat, a smaller-diameter steering wheel, and low-profile rear-mounted rollover protective structure (ROPS). Combined with the sloping hood, this is beneficial to the customer’s visibility to the front of the tractor.
Standard OOS low-profile seat
All of the most crucial operator controls are conveniently located within arms’ reach on the right-hand console control pod. The engine throttle control, selective control valve (SCV) levers, power take-off (PTO) engagement, and hitch-lift control levers are grouped together. On the 5ML, this control pod is positioned inside the right side fender, protecting these controls from low hanging crops inside orchard rows.
Color-coded bands on the selective control valve (SCV) levers correspond with the color on the rear SCVs, making it easy for any operator to determine which lever operates which rear SCV.
The 5ML tractor also offers full coverage fenders to minimize crop disturbance, especially in orchards or tree nut applications.
The foldable ROPS on the 5ML Tractor has a unique design and is seven inches lower at maximum height than the standard 5M tractors.
The shifter linkages are tighter to offer a more accurate shift pattern, which translates to a crisper throw between gears.
- Steering wheel
5M Tractors also include the following features:
- Retractable seat belts
- Rear certified ROPS for OOS tractors
- Key-switch interlock prevents bypass starting
- Audible and visual power take-off (PTO) warning alerts when the operator leaves the seat with the PTO engaged
- Positive park position prevents the tractor from moving when the engine is off
- Four amber turn-signal/flashing warning lights for road transport (these are break-away)
- Slow-moving vehicle (SMV) sign alerts other road users during transport
- Safety decals keep safety in the minds of new and experienced operators
- Left- and right-hand steps provide easy and convenient access from both sides of the tractor
- The 5M fuel system is fully grounded to meet safety and fuel fill regulation requirements
- For convenience of operation, the fuel and diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) fill are both on the same side with clearly marked and color coded caps. The DEF tank has a capacity of 9.5-L (2.5 gal.), which is more than enough to sustain proper tractor operation and fuel treatment for more than one full tank of diesel. A field-installed lockable fuel cap is offered for protection and peace of mind.
Gear and range shift levers are located to the right of the operator. The gear-shift lever is easy to reach and the less-used range lever is shorter. Unique knobs also make it easier to distinguish between the two.
OOS range and gear shift lever
A foot throttle with a platform pedal is located on the right side of the operator. The pedal is positioned for ease of use, yet does not clutter the floor. The hand throttle is easily accessible on the right hand console.
Engaged by either foot, the differential lock pedal is placed on the floor.
Mechanical front-wheel drive (MFWD) controls
All four-wheel drive (4WD) axles are equipped with the engage-on-the-go MFWD. This toggle switch is now located on the right-hand console.
Differential lock button
When the tractor is used in applications requiring the clutch and brake pedals to be used frequently, the operator will see the benefit of the suspended pedals.
On tractors equipped with the 16F/16R or 32F/16R transmission, the electrohydraulic forward/reverse direction lever is located on the left-hand side of the instrument console, connected to the steering column. There is also a guard for the reverser lever. Operated with the left-hand finger, the right hand is free to simultaneously run the loader, hitch, or hand throttle.
Left hand reverser with guard
3-point hitch controls
Mechanical hitch controls are available on the standard open operator station.
The 5ML features electrohydraulic PTO engagement.
The push/pull knob on open station tractors is conveniently located beside the hand throttle on the right-hand side of the operator. When the PTO is engaged, a light on the instrument panel will illuminate and PTO speed is indicated by target bars.
Enhancing operator safety, the tractor does not start with the PTO engaged. An alarm sounds if the operator attempts to leave the seat with the PTO engaged. The PTO shaft is protected by a hinged shield.
The color-coded bands on the levers which control dual and triple rear SCVs correspond to the color of the dust cap and the SCV valve they control.
Lighting controls – Multi-position dial
The five-position lighting package is straightforward with the lighting control switch on the right side of the steering column. The switch positions are: off, warning, work light, transport 1 (warning and high-beam headlights), and transport 2 (warning and headlights). A turn-signal lever is located on the left side of the steering column for quick and easy use.